Customer Experience Management
Customer experience is one of the five elements of the digital maturity model, which means, as stated by Deloitte, providing an experience where customers view the organization as their digital partner using their preferred channels of interaction to control their connected future on and offline.
Customer Experience Management in the logistics industry
A logistics, warehouse business can survive longer only if it can satisfy the customer’s needs. It is essential to become proactive in understanding your customer needs and making your customer’s life easier through your services or products.
Any business needs to be agile and not just adopt new methods but discard the previous ones to survive in the digital world.
Making continuous efforts to deliver an outstanding service to your customers through digital technology is a crucial step towards digital transformation and helps you develop a competency over your competitors.
You can evaluate your current level of digital technology for delivering customer driven collaborative solutions using the following four measures: –
- Customer engagement
- Customer experience management
- Customer insights and behavior
- Customer trust and perception
- Customer Engagement: – To stay ahead in today’s digital logistics world, it has become necessary for a company to engage with their customers at every step of their journey. With the adoption of various digital technologies around shared economy, you can collaborate your customers and seek much-required feedback to improve your services/products.
- Customer Experience: – You will be able to retain, gain the wallet share of customers only if you can deliver services that are different, add value to their business.
- Customer insights and behavior: – Before adopting digital technology for your customers, you need first to analyze their digital knowledge and understanding level. The questions to be covered here includes “Are my regular customers willing to accept new ways of preparing truck requests through a fully secure customer portal?”, “Do they have enough digital knowledge to surf through the customer portal of your WMS?” etc.
- Customer Trust and Perception: – You need to build customer’s trust, delivering seamless services.
Assessing your digital maturity level will help in the easier implementation of your digital transformation plan, blended with your business model.